Short TX burst when changing mode from Data to AM

Short TX burst when changing mode from Data to AM

Kari Sillanmaki
Hi,

When I change mode of my K3 #310 from Data to AM
using the "Mode <down>" -button, a short
( abt 1 second ) TX burst gets sent out.
Burst power is roughly 1/5 of the requested
output power.

This happnens if VOX Gain is set to about 20 or
higher and even when there are no mic-, data- or
RS232-cables connected.

I'm running MCU 2.76 with DSP 1.98

Anyone else noticed this?

73's de Kari
oh2gqc

Re: Short TX burst when changing mode from Data to AM

Joe Planisky
Hi Kari,

Yes, this was just reported and discussed a few days ago :-) See the
messages with the subject line "Transmit when switching from DATA to
AM mode?" starting Dec. 25, 2008.  It has been reported to Elecraft.
Until it's fixed, one possible work around is to reduce VOX Gain when
not using VOX.

Joe KB8AP