Solder Methods

Mike,W8KRR
Alright, all you experts, what can you tell me about "cold heat"
soldering?   Is it like what we used to call
"resistance heating"?  And, if so, doesnt that introduce some transients?
Mike

Re: Solder Methods

zeke7237
I played with my father-in-law's Radio Shaft version over Xmas. Looks
like resistance soldering to me, except the tip on that thing is way
more fragile than the tweezers (which I learned to solder bifurcated
terminals with) the Navy used. It appears to be cast from a
graphite-like substance, and they warn you not to press very hard when
using it. Instead of tweezers, the tip appears to be two halfs with an
insulator between .. you place the tip against the (conductive)
material to be soldered.

de John/W1RT