Some KPA500 Assembly Questions

Ed G-2
Hi Folks,
     A couple KPA500 assembly hang-ups I have run into so far. KPA500 is S/N
550.  I am experiencing the problem where PA heatsink holes are not deep
enough, so the 5/16 screw length called for (to mount the Z bracket) bottoms
out and the bracket remains loose.  I see in the archives where some use
3/16 length, so I'll do that.
     The other problem I ran into was with the 40 pin I/O cable.  Mine was
not keyed properly to fit the board connector.  One of the ribbon cable
connector pins is blocked off so that the connector cannot be mated in
either direction.  I am proceeding by using a spare hard drive cable I had,
but it has an extra connector along the length of the cable; I'm assuming
this won't cause me any trouble farther along in the amp assembly.
--Ed G--

Re: Some KPA500 Assembly Questions

w0mu
The 40 pin cabling being plugged wrong raises some flags.  You might
want to contact support or call when they open.  You can usually remove
the pin blockers with a small screwdriver or pliers

Mike W0MU

J6M CQ WW DX CW Contest 2011
J6/W0MU November 21 - December 1 2011
W0MU-1 CC Cluster w0mu.net