Spotting DX

Jim-168

I know you can listen to two conversations on different VFO's (Frequencies
at the same time when you have the Sub Receiver Installed; However with no
Sub Receiver I believe this is this correct? """If you don't have the sub
receiver & listening using a set of headphones like a Heil Pro set you
cannot listen to both sides of a conversation at the same time WHEN both VFO
A and B set...VFO A at 14.195 and VFO B at 14.205...........you must always
push the REV to listen to B. They can never be heard at the same time???
Correct???

73 de KE4WY Jim

Re: Spotting DX

wayne burdick
Administrator
Jim wrote:

> I know you can listen to two conversations on different VFO's
> (Frequencies
> at the same time when you have the Sub Receiver Installed; However
> with no
> Sub Receiver I believe this is this correct? """If you don't have
> the sub
> receiver & listening using a set of headphones like a Heil Pro set you
> cannot listen to both sides of a conversation at the same time WHEN
> both VFO
> A and B set...VFO A at 14.195 and VFO B at 14.205...........you must
> always
> push the REV to listen to B. They can never be heard at the same
> time???
> Correct???

Correct: You cannot listen on two frequencies at the same time unless
you have the sub receiver. But you can always hold REV or tap A/B to
listen to the station at VFO B's frequency.

Some transceivers have something called "dual watch," which splits the
receive path at the mixer input. We didn't want to take this simpler
approach, because it doesn't provide diversity receive. That takes two
separate receivers with independent antennas. Hence the KRX3.

73,
Wayne
N6KR