Strange behavior of K3 on FT8

Carl-N8VZ
Dear OM or YL: Today I did a successful POTA activation using my K3.  I
usually use a smaller, lower wattage rig, but decided recently to use the K3
portable.  I've used the K3 for POTA activation three times before this week
-- but all on SSB.  Today, I used FT8.  I first was on 20M and everything
was quite normal.  Then I switched to 30M, and I was hearing nothing and
friend who I was texting who lives fairly close to the park wasn't seeing my
CQs.  I had the MODE set to DATA.  The friend suggested I switch to USB
mode, and lo and below I started seeing signals on my screen and completed
several QSOs.  I had used DATA mode on 20M and it worked FB. I also later
used DATA mode on 40M.  Why didn't DATA mode work on 30M?  Is there some
setting where I have to declare USB or LSB for each band separately for DATA
mode? All of this seems very strange to me.  I used my K3 before for data
modes in the shack, and I don't recall this issue.  Any suggestions would be
greatly appreciated.  -- 73 de Carl N8VZ

--
Sent from: http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/

Message delivered to [hidden email]