Suggested techniques for teaching CW?

Steve Harvey-2
I have always enjoyed Tony Lacey’s Nu-Morse Pro.  It is the most
comprehensive training software that I have found.  It can be found at
http://www.nu-ware.com/index.htm

Also fantastic is (if you can still find one) the AEA MM-3 Morse Machine,
which had a really cool QSO simulator.  See it at
http://www.eham.net/reviews/detail/3237

And, if you don’t mind the cost, check out the Begali CW Machine at
http://www.i2rtf.com/html/cw_machine.html   It is not only a keyer, but also
has a trainer mode and even displays your transmitted keying so that you can
see if your timing is correct.  Tom Hammond, NØSS, was one of the
developers.  In my opinion, it is probably the best keyer ever produced.

73 de NNØB,

--Steve

Hi - I know this is very remotely related to Elecraft, but good advice is
never in short supply in this group...

Here in Iceland the requirement for knowledge of CW is no longer required
for amateur HF licenses - a trend that we see in most countries nowadays.

Still, I am interested in establishing CW courses for those new amateurs who
may want to learn CW, and I am seeking advice from those of you who have
experience.  For example...

- General suggestions for methods (Koch, etc.)
- Software and other tools for class teaching and individual practice
between classes
- Teaching methodologies and approaches (frequency of classes, length,
character groups,...)
- Other activities to support and encourage (kit building, on-air
sessions,..)

73 - Kristinn, TF3KX