T1 Feature Comment Please?

Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny
Has anyone discovered a frequency where the T1 _Always gives CW readout information, _Regardless of what freq is matched with it?
Thanks, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.

Re: T1 Feature Comment Please?

Don Wilhelm-4
  Danny,

I refer you to the T1 Owner's manual page 11 for a full explanation -
particularly the first and last paragraphs.  The frequency that the INFO
report data is send will vary (and drift) due to variations in the
ceramic resonator frequency.  In other words, "Always" is not possible
because of drift in the resonator - it is not a precise frequency
standard, but simply a device intended to provide a clock to the MCU.

You might design a crystal based MCU oscillator that would have a more
consistent frequency, but I doubt you could squeeze it into the T1
enclosure.

On 3/21/2011 7:18 PM,  Dan B Dyer Jr,/Danny wrote:

> Has anyone discovered a frequency where the T1 _Always gives CW readout information, _Regardless of what freq is matched with it?
> Thanks, Danny Dyer, Wb4idu.

Re: T1 Feature Comment Please?

wayne burdick
Danny,

The frequencies on which you can hear T1 CW information will vary from
one unit to the next because of small variations in the frequency of
the microcontroller's crystal oscillator.

73,
Wayne
N6KR