Thoughts on the KDSP2

wayne burdick
Administrator
Recently I've discovered two uses for the KDSP2 (K2 DSP option) that
were not obvious to me at first:

- When tuning the SWL band segments or listening to AM ham activity, I
turn on the notch filtering. AM carriers are suppressed to a
significant degree, making tuning around much more pleasant.

- When I'm casually monitoring a frequency during the day, typically
14060, 7040, or 5371.5 kHz, I turn on the noise reduction. This is very
effective at reducing the volume of background noise, allowing me to
leave the radio on while I work. When a station does come on, it seems
to appear from out of nowhere. It's also helpful when scanning.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

---