Toroids vs poor reception and audio

JEAN-FRANCOIS MENARD-2
Hi,

I'm a new K2 builder, and I would like to share this with every Elecraft
builders, espacially new comers like me.

When I finished the part 2 of the K2, every test and calibration on this
part that you have to do was perfect. Except one thing, I have almost no
receive on the 40M band and I also noted that the audio that come out in my
headphone was poor and not as loud as it should be.

The problem was that my toroids was not properly soldered. The continuity
was there, but not the quality !!!

Be sure to remove completely the enamel on the wire and the solder joint
must be as good as on the other parts in the rig, like a mountain not a
volcano. After that, I only switch ON my K2, and my repcetion was at least
as good as my Kenwood TS-2000 !!! I also solved the audio problem with my
headphone too !!!

Just in case after, I reset the K2 completly (hold 4-5-6 + power up) and
redo the calibration procedure entirely, just to make sure that the
correction I did do not alter the performance and the result.

Be sure on the next step, the remaining toroids will be done that way
immediatly.

Jean-François Ménard, VA2VYZ
[hidden email]

Club des Astronomes Amateurs de Sherbrooke
Club Radio Amateur de l'Estrie

http://homepage.mac.com/jfmenard

You must subscribe to post.
Subscriber Info (Addr. Change, Unsub etc): http://mailman.qth.net/subscribers.htm