Transmitter Alignment

gary7
Does anybody have a link on how to align my K2 using an oscilloscope?

Re: Transmitter Alignment

Mike K8CN
Which parts of the alignment do you wish to do with a scope?  I found it useful only for the final alignment of the LC filters in transmit mode because I don't have a sensitive QRP-level wattmeter.  I used a modest old scope (Tek 2215) with a 10X probe, a BNC tee, and a good dummy load (Bird TermaLine).  The rest of the alignment can be done adequately with just a DMM and the prescribed methods of the K2 manual, but filter alignment and BFO settings can be improved upon by using Spectrogram or any other audio spectrum analysis tool - there are lots of postings on this issue in the forum archives.  I ran my K2 very happily for 4 years after using only the K2 manual's procedures for alignment, then re-did them last summer with Spectrogram. I can't claim any dramatic performance improvements except that I could see where the filter passbands were actually located.

73,
Mike, K8CN

Re: Transmitter Alignment

Ingo Meyer, DK3RED
Hello Gary,

> Does anybody have a link on how to align my K2 using an oscilloscope?

Does anybody need an oscilloscope to align a K2? The tools "on board" with an PC and
spectogram are enough, I think. At least I need only this tools ti align my K2.

73/72 de Ingo, DK3RED - Don't forget: the fun is the power!
        www.qrp4fun.de - [hidden email]

Re: Transmitter Alignment

An oscilloscope is not needed when aligning a K2.
You can optimize your IF filters by using Spectrogram or other audio
spectrum analyzer software,  Take a look at the K2 Dial Calibration
article on my website www.w3fpr.com