Trying to send commands to KPA500

Joe K2UF
Maybe someone on one of these reflectors can help.  I am trying to switch
the KPA500 between STBY and OPER via a Commander User defined control.  I
tried '^OS1:' (without the quotes).  Nothing.  Any help out there?

Joe K2UF

No trees were harmed in the sending of this e-mail; however, many electrons
were inconvenienced.

Re: Trying to send commands to KPA500

Bruce Beford-2
Looking at the KPA500 programmers reference, it would appear that you should
be using a semicolon rather than a colon.
^OS1; not ^OS1:

GL,
Bruce, N1RX

> Maybe someone on one of these reflectors can help.  I am trying to switch
> the KPA500 between STBY and OPER via a Commander User defined control.  I
> tried '^OS1:' (without the quotes).  Nothing.  Any help out there?

Re: [dxlab] Trying to send commands to KPA500

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
On Thu, Dec 29, 2011 at 6:21 PM, Joe K2UF <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Maybe someone on one of these reflectors can help. I am trying to switch
> the KPA500 between STBY and OPER via a Commander User defined control. I
> tried '^OS1:' (without the quotes). Nothing. Any help out there?

Are you trying to send that command to the K3? That won't work. Or
have you configured Commander for some imaginary radio? That may
confuse the KPA500 by sending commands it doesn't understand....

    ~iain / N6ML

Re: Trying to send commands to KPA500

Dick Dievendorff
Use a semicolon rather than a colon to terminate a command.

I send ^os0;^os; and ^os1;^os; in the KPA Utility.  The trailing ^os; is a
query; I compare its response with the intended setting.

Dick, K6KR