Tuning During Repeat Memory Sending

Nigel-2-3
Often I call cq by enabling an appropriate  memory in repeat mode.
In-between I am listening for replies.
Usually I have an 800hz filter set and the RIT engaged so as to sweep either
side of my transmit frequency.

Perchance I have discovered that in this mode, although the receiver
unblocks during the gap in sending the RIT is blocked and does not work.
It is the same if split is engaged.

How do others use repeat calling and are still able to tune around a little
in the sending gaps?

73,  Nigel ZL2DF

Re: Tuning During Repeat Memory Sending

Don Wilhelm-4
The K2 cannot tune while in transmit mode.
It takes a bit of time for the K2 to restore to RX mode (as far as the
firmware is concerned).  So even though you may be able to hear between
characters, one can think of the K2 as being still in transmit mode.
I do not know all the details of the timing, but the gaps in sending are
not sufficient to allow changing the TX frequency.