Unable to save configuration, beta 2.34

Mike Scott-7
I am running K3 beta 2.34 / 1.89 and I am unable to save a K3 configuration.
I receive the following save configuration error:

Configuration was not saved.
The configuration file is incomplete, and man not be used for restore.

Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to make it work?

Mike Scott - AE6WA
Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
K3-100 #508/ KX1  #1311

Re: Unable to save configuration, beta 2.34

Ken Wagner K3IU
I just saved a Configuration file. Worked fine here with the 2.34
firmware suite.
73,
Ken K3IU

Mike Scott wrote:

> I am running K3 beta 2.34 / 1.89 and I am unable to save a K3 configuration.
> I receive the following save configuration error:
>
> Configuration was not saved.
> The configuration file is incomplete, and man not be used for restore.
>
> Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to make it work?
>
> Mike Scott - AE6WA
> Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
> K3-100 #508/ KX1  #1311

Re: Unable to save configuration, beta 2.34

Dave, G4AON
Mike

I am using the same K3 firmware and just saved the configuration file
without any error messages. My K3 utility is 1.1.6.3 running under XP
Pro SP3.

73 Dave, G4AON
K3/100 #80

I am running K3 beta 2.34 / 1.89 and I am unable to save a K3 configuration.
I receive the following save configuration error:

Configuration was not saved.
The configuration file is incomplete, and man not be used for restore.

Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to make it work?

Mike Scott - AE6WA

RE: Unable to save configuration, beta 2.34

Dick Dievendorff
This generally indicates a marginal communications path. If you're using a
USB to Serial Adapter, try changing the K3's RS-232 rate to 38,400 and try
again.  It's counterintuitive, but sometimes the higher data rates work
better.

The K3 Utility issues a series of commands and is carefully analyzing the
response's format.  If the response comes back in other than the expected
format, after some number of retries the save is abandoned with this error
indication.

Dick, K6KR

Re: Unable to save configuration, beta 2.34

Dave Larson-2
I just tried it and it works for me.

Dave, K8AA

>I am running K3 beta 2.34 / 1.89 and I am unable to save a K3
>configuration.
> I receive the following save configuration error:
>
> Configuration was not saved.
> The configuration file is incomplete, and man not be used for restore.
>
> Is this a bug or is there something I need to do to make it work?
>
> Mike Scott - AE6WA
> Tarzana, CA (DM04 / near LA)
> K3-100 #508/ KX1  #1311

5:18 PM