Use Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to remove old K3 Utility when upgrading to new K3 Utility version 1.2.3.18

Use Windows Control Panel Add/Remove Programs applet to remove old K3 Utility when upgrading to new K3 Utility version 1.2.3.18

Dick Dievendorff
We have just made available a newer version 1.2.3.18 of the K3 Utility on
the Elecraft K3 Software web page,
http://www.elecraft.com/K3/k3_software.htm#k3util.

The following notes apply to the Windows version only:

One of the changes we made is the use of a different installer, the program
that generates the setup executable.

The new installer has several desirable attributes, but one thing it doesn't
do well is completely clean up the side files left by the previous
installer.

In order to remove all the files of the older version and to correctly clean
up the installed program list, it is desirable to uninstall the current K3
Utility, using the Windows Control Panel Add/Remove programs applet before
installing this new version.

After you've done this once, it should not be necessary going forward.

There is a "release notes" link on the Elecraft software page (link above)
that provides this information.

73 de Dick, K6KR