Use of a LP filter necessary with a KPA500?

Use of a LP filter necessary with a KPA500?

vtnn43e

Just finished my KPA500 and was wondering if I need to use a low-pass filter on the out put? In the manual for the am p I noted there is a LP filter for each frequency band.

I have a Bencher YA-1 LP filter , a nd yes I know that it cuts off at 29.7MHz.

BTW the amp is going to be used with a SteppIR BigIR vertical and a Flex-5000a.

Zack

N8FNR

Re: Use of a LP filter necessary with a KPA500?

Bruce Beford-2
Zack,

The additional LPF filter is not needed for use with the KPA500.

73,

Bruce, N1RX