Useful P3 features

k.igor
I am on my fifth day playing with P3. So far I found it very helpful ant it
delivered everything that was promised. It is pretty much works like handy
spectrum analyzer. As such, I found myself looking for few features that are
common in spectrum analyzers. I did not read everything that was posted
about P3 so far, some of these may have been proposed before:

1.       Autoscale. When I switch from band to band I see different levels
of noise, so I need to stop and adjust reference/scale for new band. It
would be nice to be able to press button and scale the trace for optimum
display for given span.

2.        Peak search. Possibility to jump to next signal right/left of the
VFO frequency (at least in CW and digital modes) would be very useful in
contest when doing S&P. For example, ability to assign function button pair
with tap going next peak right and hold going to next peak left. I realize
that the definition of peak can be tricky and there is risk sometimes to
jump too far or too close. In modern spectrum analyzers usually user can set
peak thresholds.

3.       Marker level. Markers A or B when selected show frequency of the
selected marker. It would be nice if the marker would show level as well, in
dB when the amplitude scale in dB and in S-units when the scale is in
S-units.

4.       Signal level at VFO frequency. I realize space on that display is
limited and the level can be roughly estimated on K3 s-meter and against the
scale axes on P3. But for those of us OCD types (hi-hi) the accurate reading
of level will give really good feeling.

Thanks,

Igor, N1YX