Using the K2 while assembling the KP!100 doable?

Using the K2 while assembling the KP!100 doable?

Ron Greene
I'm at the point in the KPA100 assembly where I need to make mods to the
K2 Control board just prior to the KPA100 Assembly Part II and I'm
wondering if I can still operate the K2 while carrying on with the KPA
assembly at least until it's time to start the Alignment steps that once
again require connection to the K2.

I'm a slow builder and I sure would like to be able to get on the air in
the mean time.

Thanks,
Ron
N6IB

Re: Using the K2 while assembling the KP!100 doable?

Don Wilhelm-4
Ron,

Read about those mods carefully again.  If your K2 serial number is
greater than 3000, the mods are already included on your control board.
Do not make any cuts until you are certain.

If your K2 Serial is 2999 or lower, yes add the changes to the control
board.
Yes, the K2 will operate very well with these changes in place.
However, the sidetone source must be set to U8-4 once the changes have
been made or you will not hear sidetone.