VOAProp hangs when off the net

Carl Clawson
I love VOAProp, but when I'm portable and away from the Internet I can't get
it to work. Even if I uncheck Auto Update it will start up, display the
current band's propagation map, then go comatose with the message "Checking
for current solar data update..." and never wake up.

If I'm quick, I can almost manage to hit another band's tab and enter the
current time to get a map before it hangs.

Any workarounds/fixes?

Thanks, 73,
Carl WS7L
K3 #486

Re: VOAProp hangs when off the net

Carl Clawson
> I love VOAProp, but when I'm portable and away from the
> Internet I can't get it to work.

Of course, as soon as I post the question I think of something else to try
and got it:

Go into voaprop.ini and change "Solar Data URL" to some nonsense thing. Just
deleting it won't work. I wrote:

[Solar]
Solar Data URL=junk

And now it runs fine. Instead of waiting forever it fails straight away
trying to update the solar info.

73 and thanks for listening,
Carl