Very OT:Rugby World Cup 2011 Final

Peter Dent
GO the All Blacks against France tonite at 08.00Z

Its a public holiday in ZL tomorrow so there may be a lot of sore heads
depending on the result!!

Peter  ZL1PWD

PS: sri Eric& Wayne

LL+64 09 4370956
Cell+64  0221041630

Re: Very OT:Rugby World Cup 2011 Final

wayne burdick
Administrator
I've been to NZ and wish I could be there now. Best of luck to both
teams.

BTW: it's not totally off-topic. Isn't Eden Park (in Auckland, where
the game is to be played) presently experiencing a total power outage?
Won't those packed pubs need amateur radio to relay beer orders?

Wayne
N6KR

On Oct 22, 2011, at 9:37 PM, Peter Dent wrote:

> GO the All Blacks against France tonite at 08.00Z
>
> Its a public holiday in ZL tomorrow so there may be a lot of sore
> heads
> depending on the result!!
>

> Peter  ZL1PWD
>
> PS: sri Eric& Wayne

Re: Very OT:Rugby World Cup 2011 Final

Kevin Luxford
Great game.  Very tense.  Only one point in it.  At one stage I shouted
at the TV. "Remember the Rainbow Warrior".
Big celebrations in NZ having just won the World Cup by defeating France.

Yes, Eden Park is in Auckland.  The World Cup series was to have been
played in Christchurch, which unhappily is still closed down after the
devastating earthquakes in September of last year and February of this
year.  About 4000 families have now moved away from Christchurch -
school populations are down and the effect will probably mean about 300
teachers being redundant.

Still the World Cup win will be a shot in the arm for the whole country.

73
Kevin
VK3DAP / ZL2DAP

On 23/10/2011 4:15 PM, Wayne Burdick wrote:

> I've been to NZ and wish I could be there now. Best of luck to both
> teams.
>
> BTW: it's not totally off-topic. Isn't Eden Park (in Auckland, where
> the game is to be played) presently experiencing a total power outage?
> Won't those packed pubs need amateur radio to relay beer orders?
>
> Wayne
> N6KR

Re: Very OT:Rugby World Cup 2011 Final

MontyS
For American readers:  "redundant" means "you're out of a job, axed, fired, history, etc."
Monty K2DLJ