W1 - Power readout Low

David Heinsohn
  I recently built a W1.  It worked fine both via the LEDs and remotely
via the puter.  About a week ago the indicated output power dropped such
that it always shows less than 1.4w.  The selected output on the K2 is
5w.  My old analog 200w scale power meter still shows about 5w as it did
when the W1 was agreeing with it.  Any ideas what's changed that might
cause this?  I've looked at the manual and checked the settings on the
remote program.  Even locked the W1 to the 14w scale with no effect.

TNX
de
kd0r
David

Re: W1 - Power readout Low

Don Wilhelm-4
David,

Check Q1 - does it have zero ohms resistance (when powered) from the
drain to ground?  It should when in the low range, but not in the high
range.
Q2 and Q5 should behave similarly.

It seems your W1 is stuck in the high range even though the firmware
thinks otherwise - that would be a logical consequence of a shorted Q1,
Q2 and/or Q5.

It my guess here is not correct, then the firmware chip itself may have
a faulty input for the VSCL signal.