W2 Firmware Suggestion

Bill - K6WLM
With all the recent discussion about the W2 I decided to actually read the on-line manual and check the specs for my self.

Upon further reading I discovered that to set the SWR alarm feature it is necessary to have a PC connected and to set the alarm each time the unit is powered up.

If possible, it would be nice to be able to turn on the alarm feature from the front panel of the W2 and once set,  have the alarm enable in memory so that it was not necessary to do this every time the unit is power cycled..

OBTW I am very pleased with the current firmware load for the K3.

Thanks & 73,
Bill - K6WLM
K3
K2
KX1

Re: W2 Firmware Suggestion

Bill K9YEQ
Bill,

I find once I set on the PC it stays on even when I shut down.  This may not
be reflected in the current manual.  I think there will be additional work
on the software.

73,

Bill
K9YEQ

Re: W2 Firmware Suggestion

Brian Broggie-2
Hi, Bill!

The ability to save the Alarm state was added in rev 0.93 (rev 0.94 is
the current rev).  You still need a pc to set it, but it will stay that
way from then on.  The front panel "Sensor" button clears the Alarm
message (flashing SWR LED's) and resets for the next high SWR condition.
Please use the "Elecraft W2 Utility" program to update your W2's
firmware and enjoy this feature.  If you are not familiar...

http://www.elecraft.com/software/W2/elecraft_w2_software.htm

73,
Brian, W6FVI
W2 Firmware Engineer