W2 Manuals

Phillip Buckholdt-2
     Any chance the manuals for the W-2 will be placed on the web site soon
?
     Like to read them over several times before the product gets here.  I
had a pacemaker implant last week and sorta trapped in the house for a week
and a half. Can't drive.

     Phil K8MBY

Re: W2 Manuals

NZ0T
Well we are now past the latest shipping estimate with no additional news.  I am strongly considering canceling my W2 order and going with a different high end meter.  I want the W2 because it matches my K3 but I'm really tired of waiting and getting little or no realistic shipping date news.

73 Bill nz0t
Phillip Buckholdt-2 wrote
     Any chance the manuals for the W-2 will be placed on the web site soon
?
     Like to read them over several times before the product gets here.  I
had a pacemaker implant last week and sorta trapped in the house for a week
and a half. Can't drive.

     Phil K8MBY

Re: W2 Manuals

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
We finally received the proper cores from the vendor for our first batch
of W2s and we are assembling and testing them now. The first ones will
be shipping this week.

(As noted on our shipping status page, we were blind sided by Fairrite
when they shipped a large batch of defective -61 material cores to us..)

I'll get the W2 manual up on the web page later today

73, Eric   WA6HHQ
----

NZ0T wrote:

> Well we are now past the latest shipping estimate with no additional news.  I
> am strongly considering canceling my W2 order and going with a different
> high end meter.  I want the W2 because it matches my K3 but I'm really tired
> of waiting and getting little or no realistic shipping date news.
>
> 73 Bill nz0t
>
> Phillip Buckholdt-2 wrote:
>
>>      Any chance the manuals for the W-2 will be placed on the web site
>> soon
>> ?
>>      Like to read them over several times before the product gets here.  I
>> had a pacemaker implant last week and sorta trapped in the house for a
>> week
>> and a half. Can't drive.
>>
>>      Phil K8MBY

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: W2 Manuals

NZ0T
Eric,

Thanks so much!  You and your firm never cease to amaze me when it comes to service.  I know I've been a pain about the W2 and you have been very courteous in your responses to my whining messages.  I have spent more than my fair share of time in the corporate world and I have never dealt with a company like yours - keep up the great work.

73 Bill nz0t

NZ0T wrote:

> Well we are now past the latest shipping estimate with no additional news.  I
> am strongly considering canceling my W2 order and going with a different
> high end meter.  I want the W2 because it matches my K3 but I'm really tired
> of waiting and getting little or no realistic shipping date news.
>
> 73 Bill nz0t
>
> Phillip Buckholdt-2 wrote:
>
>>      Any chance the manuals for the W-2 will be placed on the web site
>> soon
>> ?
>>      Like to read them over several times before the product gets here.  I
>> had a pacemaker implant last week and sorta trapped in the house for a
>> week
>> and a half. Can't drive.
>>
>>      Phil K8MBY

>> Post: mailto:[hidden email]

View message @ http://n2.nabble.com/W2-Manuals-tp3815844p3859692.html
To unsubscribe from Re: W2 Manuals, click here.

Receiver slow to recover ?

Merv Schweigert
Using 3.44 beta,  since installing I seem to have a problem
when going from transmit back to receive.  Not all the time
but often enough to notice.
It first seemed as if the vacuum relay in the Alpha was going
bad, like bad contacts,  the receive after transmit would be
way down.  If I hit the key it came right back.   The relay
is fine, and further checking it seems as if the receiver is not
recovering fully at times.  Always cured by keying the radio
again and it pops back to normal.
Not using NR or NB just normal settings on CW.
Any others notice something like this?
Merv KH7C

Re: Receiver slow to recover ?

wayne burdick
Administrator
I can't duplicate this, Merv, but I suspect it might be a side effect
of some recent DSP changes that Lyle will be refining when he gets back.

73,
Wayne
N6KR

On Oct 20, 2009, at 10:31 AM, Merv Schweigert wrote:

> Using 3.44 beta,  since installing I seem to have a problem
> when going from transmit back to receive.  Not all the time
> but often enough to notice....

Re: Receiver slow to recover ?

Dick Dievendorff
I had this symptom (and it drove me nuts) with my IC-7800 when I had a 40
meter antenna linear loading wire that needed to be cleaned up (loosen a
saddle clamp, move the saddle clamp back and forth a bit, tighten the saddle
clamp).

I'd also expect this with sticky relays in the amp and/or antenna switch
box. I suppose any sticky relay anywhere in the T/R path could cause this
symptom.

This isn't to say it couldn't be the firmware version, but this is the sort
of symptom that could have a lot of causes.

73 de Dick, K6KR

Re: Receiver slow to recover ?

Joe Planisky
This sounds like it might be related to a problem reported by K4SO
yesterday (and reproduced by myself).  Different triggering
circumstances, but the symptoms of the receiver coming back with low
sensitivity that is fixed by hitting the key again are the same.

Search for a topic of "K3 3.30 FW 80M split-strange behavior" for that
original report.

Joe KB8AP

On Oct 20, 2009, at 10:31 AM, Merv Schweigert wrote:

> It first seemed as if the vacuum relay in the Alpha was going
> bad, like bad contacts,  the receive after transmit would be
> way down.  If I hit the key it came right back.   The relay
> is fine, and further checking it seems as if the receiver is not
> recovering fully at times.  Always cured by keying the radio
> again and it pops back to normal.

Re: W2 Manuals

ke9uw
Yes. Made me want a W2 just reading this. I just looked at it and it would be a nice addition to the bench.

Chuck, KE9UW

>Thanks so much!  You and your firm never cease to amaze me when it comes to service.  I know I've been a pain about the W2 and you have been very courteous in your responses to my whining messages.  I have spent more than my fair share of time in the corporate world and I have never dealt with a company like yours - keep up the great work.
>
>73 Bill nz0t

Chuck, KE9UW

Re: K3 Receiver slow to recover ?

Gary Hinson
> Using 3.44 beta,  since installing I seem to have a problem
> when going from transmit back to receive.  Not all the time
> but often enough to notice.

Me too.

Like you, I thought the amp relay was playing up but sometimes the
audio level slides down just after the rig goes to RX, whereas with a
sticky amp relay the RX side is normally low from the very moment of
changeover.

I thought it might be a problem with my ant system, ant switch or
feeder but the SWR is normal on TX.

73,
Gary  ZL2iFB
K3 #2887  FW#3.44

Re: K3 Receiver slow to recover ?

KC0CF

> Using 3.44 beta,  since installing I seem to have a problem when going

> from transmit back to receive.  Not all the time but often enough to

> notice.

I notice the same relay glitch here. K3 S/N 2518

Michael  KC0CF

cwkey

Webpage @ http://showcase.netins.net/web/kc0cf/

Re: K3 Receiver slow to recover ?

Gary,

The fact that the antenna SWR is low on TX only rules out the antenna
and feedline.  If there are any relays in the path (such as an amplifier
T/R relay), the TX will be through a different set of contacts than RX.
Physically remove the amplifier from the picture (re-route the coax) -
if the problem is cured, the amp relay is at fault, bt if it persists,
then the K3 is to blame.