W2 Utility software

Jim Spears
1.       When I start the utility, not the firmware loader but the run time
utility, it starts with a very bizarre window, not movable, only closable by
Task Manager and the top is off the top of the screen.  I deleted the
executable and downloaded a new copy but get the same behavior.  It appears
that this program is not really "installed" but is only an executable just
sitting there.  But it must leave some footprint or the new window would
appear in a normal position and with normal properties.  Where are these
settings?

2.       I have two sensors of the same type, both 2kw hf.  It would be nice
to be able to label them for the use when S2 is selected vs S1.  Now the
label will come up keyed on sensor type which is not especially interesting.
Also is there an easier way to switch between sensors than pressing the
S1/S2 switch?

Jim/N1NK

Re: W2 Utility software

Iain MacDonnell - N6ML-2
On Thu, Nov 4, 2010 at 9:23 PM, Jim Spears <[hidden email]> wrote:
> 1.       When I start the utility, not the firmware loader but the run time
> utility, it starts with a very bizarre window, not movable, only closable by
> Task Manager and the top is off the top of the screen.  I deleted the
> executable and downloaded a new copy but get the same behavior.  It appears
> that this program is not really "installed" but is only an executable just
> sitting there.  But it must leave some footprint or the new window would
> appear in a normal position and with normal properties.  Where are these
> settings?

In the registry; HKCU\Software\Elecraft\W2 Utility

    ~Iain / N6ML

Re: W2 Utility software

Bill K9YEQ
Jim,

What is your Operating System?  Had you installed before?

I have the unit and it works fine on WIN7 PRO 64 Bit.  I have also tried it
on WIN7 32 Bit as well.  Do you have firewall or Antivirus software, and if
so, what.

Your desktop would appear to be corrupted not to run this program.  When you
install you might have some pop ups and how you answer them will determine
whether or not the window will load correctly.

Good luck.

Bill
K9YEQ

Re: W2 Utility software

Jack Brabham KZ5A
  I had this same problem.    Worked around it by temporarily reducing
the PC's video screen size and then restoring it, with W2 running.
That at least moved to a point where I could drag it.

73 Jack KZ5A
K3 #4165

On 11/4/2010 4:35 PM, Bill K9YEQ wrote:

> Jim,
>
> What is your Operating System?  Had you installed before?
>
> I have the unit and it works fine on WIN7 PRO 64 Bit.  I have also tried it
> on WIN7 32 Bit as well.  Do you have firewall or Antivirus software, and if
> so, what.
>
> Your desktop would appear to be corrupted not to run this program.  When you
> install you might have some pop ups and how you answer them will determine
> whether or not the window will load correctly.
>
> Good luck.
>
> Bill
> K9YEQ

Re: W2 Utility software

Dick Dievendorff
That is the W2 firmware load utility registry key. He's asking about W4SMT's utility

Dick