W2 Watt Meter Interface ?

Bill D
Hello,

Got my new W2 watt meter kit a few days ago and got it built OK.  I have the
latest firmware and
W2 interface software.  The watt meter itself works well, but having some
issues with the interface
program.  I am using it on a Vista (32) laptop (dual-core with 2 G RAM).  It
has no RS-232 port so I have
to use a USB / serial cable. It was one I already had and not sure the
brand.
First, it takes a long time to open the program (2 - 3 mins). I am able to
finally connect to the W2
after I select the right comm port.  The Interface program works and does
show my power and SWR,
but it also at times shows my 100 watt FT-840 to put out a peak power of 200
to 300 watts.
The actual W2 LED's always show the correct power (no 300 watt peaks).  Also
at times the
software just goes crazy and I have to restart it.
I have tried all the different settings I could find and it still
shows those 300 peaks at times.
I have the W2 plugged into a USB port by itself (not on a USB hub).
Any suggestions on what I can do to get the interface to work better?

Thanks,

Bill - KE5YA