W2 Wattmeter question

DaleJ
Hi,

I don't post here much so I hope I'm doing this right.

I have a W2 wattmeter coming, it'll be here Friday, it looks to be a
very good value as all Elecraft products are and will match my K3
beautifully.  I will have the vhf/uhf sensor along with the HF
sensor.  I'm wondering if the vhf/uhf coupler might be useable on 1.2
Ghz?  I realize the accuracy won't be too good, but by how much, any
estimates or guess?

73
Dale k9vuj

P.S.  I am very pleased that Elecraft has chosen to support the Apple
computer platform along with Windows and Linux.  I have downloaded and
installed the supporting OSX applications for the W2 already.

Re: W2 Wattmeter question

M0XDF
I didn't know they did that now for W2 - very good.
Helps that Wayne is an i Mac/Pad/Phone user I guess ;-)
73 de M0XDF, K3 #174
--
Being a System Administrator is like being a plumber.
If you do a good job, nobody knows. If you screw up, everybody gets covered in s**t!

On 17 May 2010, at 11:38, dalej wrote:

> P.S.  I am very pleased that Elecraft has chosen to support the Apple
> computer platform along with Windows and Linux.  I have downloaded and
> installed the supporting OSX applications for the W2 already.

Re: W2 Wattmeter question

Robert Friess
Hi Dale,

I designed the couplers for the W2 and have not tested the VHF/UHF coupler
at 1.2GHz.  However, I would expect very poor performance at that frequency.
 It is far outside the design range.

Bob, N6CM