W2 Wattmeter wish

Tony Scesny
Ken,

   Thanks for the heads up, but I've already been researching and here's
what I've found.  The LP-100a with dual standard 3K couplers comes in at
around $660  assembled and calibrated.  It's worth the extra money for
me to have everything done and not have to send it back for fixing and
calibration. The PowerMaster already assembled and tested with 2nd
coupler option at $670.  Both units are outstanding and its hard to
choose between them.  What really got me going on this is the Alpha 4510
watt meter ($945).  Just look at the LED display only and visualize a
display like that on the W2 and you will see what I mean. It's awesome.
The 7-segment displays come in all sizes and colors.  Just take a look
at the average digital clock on your nightstand.  Same thing.

   But,  my thinking is that the W2 with 2 couplers, (200 standard)  and
2000 watt come in at about $330.  How much more do you think ELECRAFT
would have to spend to come up with an updated display.  Maybe change
box size and re-arrange the display, but still keeping the current
configuration intact.  At only half the cost of it's competition, it
leaves a lot of headroom for development and profit.

   I would like to see a comment or two from ELECRAFT regarding
feasibility.  It would make all the difference in the world especially
if it could be an upgrade or add-on to the existing unit.

73  Tony  K2ZLS        ELECRAFT  ROCKS

Re: W2 Wattmeter wish

Brett Howard
Its only $465 for an LP-100A if you build it yourself... and its plenty
accurate if you just use it out of the box.  You can even calibrate it
yourself if you've got a few dummy loads.

~Brett