W2 accuracy

Richard Thorpe-2
The SWR reading on the W2 is vastly different from the SWR reading on the meter in my amp.  How accurate is the W2 reading. Thank you.

R Thorpe K6CG

Re: W2 accuracy

L. D. Ingram
Richard,

I suspect that your different readings come from the fact that your W2 is in
line after your antenna tuner. The transmitter reading shows the SWR the
transmitter sees after the antenna tuner has adjusted things so the
trnamitter sees a 50 ohm load, while the W2 is reading the actual SWR of the
antenna. I keep my SWR meter in line after the antenna tuner to keep an eye
on the antennas. If there is a major change in the SWR I know I need to
check the antenna, even if the tuner has been able to compensate for the
change, and the transmitter SWR meter shows a !:! reading.

Larry Ingram  AG4NN

The SWR reading on the W2 is vastly different from the SWR reading on the
meter in my amp.  How accurate is the W2 reading. Thank you.

R Thorpe K6CG

-----
No virus found in this message.