W2 interface program problem

ayoshida
I have tested this cool interface with K3 for a while and found following.
W2 is connected with PC via serial port. K3 is connected with PC via
USB interface. (RigExpert Plus)

(1)SWR meter ALWAYS show the last SWR measured. not cleared out.

(2)When clicking Setup button my K3 repeat transmitting intermittently
untill it opens Ssetup window.

W2 interface program ver 1.0.12.16
W2 FW ver 0.92

73
aki ja1nlx

Re: W2 interface program problem

David Fleming-2

> (1)SWR meter ALWAYS show the last SWR measured. not cleared
> out.

This problem was fixed in firmware version 0.93. Use the W2 Utility to update firmware to current version (0.94).

> (2)When clicking Setup button my K3 repeat transmitting
> intermittently untill it opens Ssetup window.

I cannot re-create this. Are you using Windows or Mac? Please tell me more about your setup - do you have any software running to control K3 when this problem occurs? See if changing the setting of CONFIG:PTT-KEY changes the behavior.

tnx,

David, W4SMT

Re: W2 interface program problem

ayoshida
David

Thanks.

(1)Yes FW ver0.94 fix SWR meter problem.
(2)Regarding intermittent transmitting
 If plug off USB connector from RigExper Plus unit then the problem
disappears.
So I try to check again with another CAT interface. (microHAM CWKeyer and
microKeyer)
PTT-Key setting does not change behaviour. Even if plug off PTT plug
from K3 I see the problem.

73
aki  ja1nlx

David Fleming wrote:

>> (1)SWR meter ALWAYS show the last SWR measured. not cleared
>> out.
>>

> This problem was fixed in firmware version 0.93. Use the W2 Utility to update firmware to current version (0.94).
>

>> (2)When clicking Setup button my K3 repeat transmitting
>> intermittently untill it opens Ssetup window.
>>

> I cannot re-create this. Are you using Windows or Mac? Please tell me more about your setup - do you have any software running to control K3 when this problem occurs? See if changing the setting of CONFIG:PTT-KEY changes the behavior.
>
> tnx,
>
> David, W4SMT

Re: W2 interface program problem

David Fleming-2
Okay, I see it. Working on it.

tnx, Aki

David

--- On Tue, 12/22/09, a yoshida <[hidden email]> wrote:

> David
>
> Thanks.
>
> (1)Yes FW ver0.94 fix SWR meter problem.
>
> (2)Regarding intermittent transmitting
>
>  If plug off USB connector from RigExper Plus unit
> then the problem
> disappears.
>
> So I try to check again with another CAT interface.
> (microHAM CWKeyer
> and
>
> microKeyer)
>
> PTT-Key setting does not change behaviour. Even if plug off
> PTT plug
>
> from K3 I see the problem.
>

> 73
>
> aki  ja1nlx
>

> David Fleming wrote:
>

>     (1)SWR meter ALWAYS show the last SWR measured.
> not cleared
> out.
>

> This problem was fixed in firmware version 0.93. Use the W2
> Utility to update firmware to current version (0.94).
>

>     (2)When clicking Setup button my K3 repeat
> transmitting
> intermittently untill it opens Ssetup window.
>

> I cannot re-create this. Are you using Windows or Mac?
> Please tell me more about your setup - do you have any
> software running to control K3 when this problem occurs? See
> if changing the setting of CONFIG:PTT-KEY changes the
> behavior.
>
> tnx,
>
> David, W4SMT

Re: W2 interface program problem

Bill K9YEQ

David,,

The w2.exe when open on desktop WinXPSP3 stalls out and loses focus.  It eventually comes back.  It would be nice to have this fixed and allow the window to be resized and a choice to keep on top similarly to the WIN Task manager.

Bill
K9YEQ
K2-#35 (2 more), KX1-#35, K3, TS2000, IC7000, etc.

> Date: Tue, 22 Dec 2009 17:31:03 -0800
> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> CC: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] W2 interface program problem
>
> Okay, I see it. Working on it.
>
> tnx, Aki
>
> David
>
> --- On Tue, 12/22/09, a yoshida <[hidden email]> wrote:
> >
> > David
> >
> > Thanks.
> >
> > (1)Yes FW ver0.94 fix SWR meter problem.
> >
> > (2)Regarding intermittent transmitting
> >
> >  If plug off USB connector from RigExper Plus unit
> > then the problem
> > disappears.
> >
> > So I try to check again with another CAT interface.
> > (microHAM CWKeyer
> > and
> >
> > microKeyer)
> >
> > PTT-Key setting does not change behaviour. Even if plug off
> > PTT plug
> >
> > from K3 I see the problem.
> >

> > 73
> >
> > aki  ja1nlx
> >

> > David Fleming wrote:
> >

> > (1)SWR meter ALWAYS show the last SWR measured.
> > not cleared
> > out.
> >

> > This problem was fixed in firmware version 0.93. Use the W2
> > Utility to update firmware to current version (0.94).
> >

> > (2)When clicking Setup button my K3 repeat
> > transmitting
> > intermittently untill it opens Ssetup window.
> >

> > I cannot re-create this. Are you using Windows or Mac?
> > Please tell me more about your setup - do you have any
> > software running to control K3 when this problem occurs? See
> > if changing the setting of CONFIG:PTT-KEY changes the
> > behavior.
> >
> > tnx,
> >
> > David, W4SMT

Re: W2 interface program problem

David Fleming-2
Bill,

Please define 'stalls out'. On my XP system, it continues to operate even when it loses focus.

David