W2 problems

STEPHEN BUNTING
Hi gang,

I have a w2 wattmeter that worked well when it was first built and has
been in storage for the last few months. Now, when I apply DC the start
up calibration routine runs just fine and the meter is ready to go.
However, when I apply RF several LEDs light as expected but within a
second or so the meter turns itself off. I have tested with a dummy load
rather than an antenna and different frequencies and at RF power levels
all with the same result. Once the meter is off I can restart it by
simply pressing the power button again.

Any idea what has gone wrong and how I can fix this issue?
73
Steve
M0BPQ

Re: W2 problems

Brian Broggie-2
Hi, Steve!

Obviously the symptoms you are describing are very unusual.  The W2
should never shut off by itself.  I suggest trying to run the W2 with a
different power supply.  It kinda sounds like the present power
connection is getting overloaded.

73,
Brian, W6FVI