W2 trouble

WD6DBM
I'm using a W2 with two sensors, both HF-2KW.  I have the .92 firmware installed, and I've been using the new W2 app.  I am now getting some strange behavior with the W2.  First, sending QSK CW the lights keep flashing after I've stopped transmitting, fainter and fainter with each flash and fewer LEDs lighting up.  This "echo" looks very strange while sending CW.    I've tried changing every parameter in the W2 app but it does not help.  I've disconnected the serial cable at both ends, killed the app, it doesn't matter--I still get the echo, both at 100w and KW levels.

Even worse, when I click on the SETTINGS tab in the W2 app the K3 starts randomly transmitting (its in CW mode, VOX on).  I don't see how this could be, unless it is a computer problem.  I am using a serial PCMCIA card that gives me COM13 and COM14--COM13 goes to the W2 and COM14 goes to the K3.  Any help?

73, WD6DBM Eric

Re: W2 trouble

Bill K9YEQ

I have the same issue.  It was working just fine now it isn't.  Maybe the old code was used for the new GUI.

Bill
K9YEQ
K2-#35 (2 more), KX1-#35, K3, TS2000, IC7000, etc.