W7RDP/B XG3 experiment

Doug Phillips
Changed code speed to 25WPM, aimed beam north, and now my K3/10 with the
5ppm TXCO tells me the frequency is 50.06158 MHz.

73, Doug W7RDP

Re: W7RDP/B XG3 experiment

Geoffrey Mackenzie-Kennedy
Doug,

Forgive me for speculating, but it could be interesting to keep your beam
Northwards between now and say July 5. When I lived in VE2 land the VE8 6m
beacon then in the NWT, which only ran a few watts during its early years,
often came romping in with a T9 flutter signal (probably "Auroral Es"), and
July 1 evening EST always seemed to be the magic date. By "romping" I mean a
true S9+, at times almost pegging the meter.

Good luck with your experiment.

73,
Geoff
GM4ESD (ex VE2AIO etc)