WTB - K2 or K3

KC6CNN
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: WTB - K2 or K3

Eddy
Hi Gerald, not for sale, but I'd go with the K3 if Transmit audio quality is important to you.....the K2 (mine included) has never been know for good transmit audio. However, if CW is your thing the K2 kicks butt.

I've never owned or operated the k3, by-the-way, my opinions are from online comments.

73/ed

Re: WTB - K2 or K3

Kevin Cozens-2
On 12-04-16 12:59 PM, Eddy wrote:
> I'd go with the K3 if Transmit audio quality is
> important to you.....the K2 (mine included) has never been know for good
> transmit audio. However, if CW is your thing the K2 kicks butt.

I'm not sure why you say the K2 has never been known for good audio. When I
first started using the K2 I bought from the person who built it I would
occasionally get unsolicited reports of good audio from my radio. Since I've
replaced the crystals with the closer matched set and re-aligned the radio I
haven't gotten any further reports of good audio but that could be a problem
of my filter alignment.

--
Cheers!

Kevin.

http://www.ve3syb.ca/           |"Nerds make the shiny things that distract
Owner of Elecraft K2 #2172      | the mouth-breathers, and that's why we're
                                 | powerful!"
#include <disclaimer/favourite> |             --Chris Hardwick

Re: WTB - K2 or K3

Igor Sokolov-2
I agree. K2 TX audio is far from excellent. We have 3 of K2 here in the
neighborhood. All of them produce SSB signal that leaves some more to be
desired. As for CW - no doubt, it is very good radio.

73, Igor UA9CDC