What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

CRAIG W BEHRENS

Since there's a lot of room left over in the P3 box, would it be possible/practical to (some day) be able to use the P3 to optimally set-up audio signals and to monitor modulation signals going to the transmitter. (i.e. visually verify optimal set-up of one's rig prior to operating.) How could we extend the K3's built-in test capabilities with the P3? (I know that mods and added circuitry would be needed in the K3 too to address such capabilities. Perhaps it's possible to display a received signal for more critical analysis too??? As long we're dreaming -- what else would be want in the P3 for it to be the optimal K3 stationmate along this line of thought? Thanks.
72/73 & DX, Craig W. Behrens -- NM4T

Re: What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

Andy Wood
Hi Craig,

This was discussed previously and Eric agreed it was a good feature. Maybe he can confirm if it is "on the list"....

http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-P3-thought-td3468007.html#a3475295

Andy  VK4KY

Re: What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

CRAIG W BEHRENS

Thanks, Andy -- I'll go check it out.

72/73 & DX, Craig W. Behrens -- NM4T
 > Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:22:36 -0700

> From: [hidden email]
> To: [hidden email]
> Subject: Re: [Elecraft] What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?
>
> Hi Craig,
>
> This was discussed previously and Eric agreed it was a good feature. Maybe
> he can confirm if it is "on the list"....
>
> http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-P3-thought-td3468007.html#a3475295
>
> Andy  VK4KY

Re: What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

Tim Tucker
Sign me up for this feature too :)

On Thu, Oct 20, 2011 at 4:59 PM, CRAIG W BEHRENS <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Thanks, Andy -- I'll go check it out.
>
> 72/73 & DX, Craig W. Behrens -- NM4T
>  > Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 13:22:36 -0700
> > From: [hidden email]
> > To: [hidden email]
> > Subject: Re: [Elecraft] What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio
> &   Modulation?
> >
> > Hi Craig,
> >
> > This was discussed previously and Eric agreed it was a good feature.
> Maybe
> > he can confirm if it is "on the list"....
> >

> http://elecraft.365791.n2.nabble.com/K3-P3-thought-td3468007.html#a3475295
> >
> > Andy  VK4KY
> >
> > --
> > Post: mailto:[hidden email]

Re: What Would it Take to Use P3 as O-Scope for Audio & Modulation?

Lionel-F6FCD
I also should appreciate this feature ! ! !