Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

Harry_Yingst
I would like to submit a request if there is a proper place to submit it to:

----

When running the K3 on two meters It gets fairly hot fairly quick
since it only uses the side of the case as a heatsink.

I noticed that the K3 Remained warm for some time. When I went Back to HF and the
fans for the PA came on the K3 cooled down fairly quickly and has remained cool.

This makes me think that a FW change that would either run the fans whenever the
K3 transmits on two meters or reads the temp of the front panel to turn the fans on.

----

Re: Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

Don Wilhelm-4
It may produce an answer just as you have posted it, but it all depends
on who is monitoring the list.
For better and more immediate attention, contact [hidden email].
If you can be more specific about the temperature, it would help -
'fairly hot' does not indicate much.  Too hot to hold the fingers on it
for a minute is descriptive, as is 'too hot to touch', but if you have
the capability for actual temperature measurements, that is very helpful.

What I can say about it is that many hams become concerned about heating
of an area that is designed to act as a heat sink, even when operating
well within the normal limits.

On 5/2/2014 10:17 AM, Harry_Yingst via Elecraft wrote:

> I would like to submit a request if there is a proper place to submit it to:
>
> ----
>
> When running the K3 on two meters It gets fairly hot fairly quick
> since it only uses the side of the case as a heatsink.
>
> I noticed that the K3 Remained warm for some time. When I went Back to HF
> and the
> fans for the PA came on the K3 cooled down fairly quickly and has remained
> cool.
>
> This makes me think that a FW change that would either run the fans whenever
> the
> K3 transmits on two meters or reads the temp of the front panel to turn the
> fans on.

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Re: Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

KV5J
You can also go into the KPA3 menu and turn the fans on anytime you need them.

Keith, XE3/K5ENS

Re: Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

Harry_Yingst
I was thinking that may be the short term fix

Re: Where is the proper place to send Firmware request to?

I have a couple of macros worked out for that, I need to see if I can optimize them then turn them into a rotatable macro.