Winding Toroids

James Duffey
A crochet hook makes a fine toroid winding tool. I use a partially
straightened out paper clip.

A few years back I gave a talk on baluns at the SW ARRL convention in
Riverside. Some of you may remember it. I demonstrated how to wind a torroid
to a large group using a roll of toilet paper for the core, a piece of rope
for the wire and a straightened out coat hanger as the tool. People got the
picture quickly. This is a good demo the next time someone at your club says
they don't build because winding toroids is a pain. :^)= There used to be
pictures of me doing this demo on the net, but thankfully they have
evaporated. - Dr. Megacycle KK6MC/5