Writing memories to KX3 via K3 Freq. Mem. Editor?

Writing memories to KX3 via K3 Freq. Mem. Editor?

Steve KC8QVO
I am having some trouble getting the K3 Frequency Memory Editor to write, and read, from the KX3. I installed a 2m module and so far that all seems to be working fine (have the latest firmware) and now I am looking to program the memories via the computer.

The utility connects to the rig on port 3 and 9600bps but the smaller window that comes up when sending or receiving from the KX3 locks up when writing, or reading, channel 00.

Any ideas? The firmware wrote just fine, once I got the drivers installed, so I am not sure what the hold up is here. OS is Windows 7 64 bit if it makes much difference.

Steve, KC8QVO

Re: Writing memories to KX3 via K3 Freq. Mem. Editor?

tomb18
Hj
You might try going into the settings of the kx3 and set the baud rate to 38400. There is a lot of data being sent back and forth with the frequency editor.
Tim

I am having some trouble getting the K3 Frequency Memory Editor to write, and
read, from the KX3. I installed a 2m module and so far that all seems to be
working fine (have the latest firmware) and now I am looking to program the
memories via the computer.

The utility connects to the rig on port 3 and 9600bps but the smaller window
that comes up when sending or receiving from the KX3 locks up when writing,
or reading, channel 00.

Any ideas? The firmware wrote just fine, once I got the drivers installed,
so I am not sure what the hold up is here. OS is Windows 7 64 bit if it
makes much difference.

Steve, KC8QVO

Message delivered to [hidden email]

Steve KC8QVO
That is a good thought. I switched to 38400 and no luck there either. Same thing.

Re: Writing memories to KX3 via K3 Freq. Mem. Editor?

Steve KC8QVO
Hmm. I may be on to something here. Channel 00 is 146.520 simplex and channels 1-7 are the NOAA weather channels (162.400-162.550 in 50kHz increments). It appears if I put frequencies in there that are all within the ham band it works.

So how do I program in the non-ham band frequencies via computer?

Re: Writing memories to KX3 via K3 Freq. Mem. Editor?

phil h
Steve KC8QVO wrote
So how do I program in the non-ham band frequencies via computer?
I would like to know the answer to this also, is there somewhere else to find it? TIA / ph