XG1

Mike Harris
G'day,

A cautionary tale.

I decided to check the total receive signal loss through my system
from the coax termination in the wall to the K3, via the amp and
antenna switching having had a hot switching event.

I first plugged the XG1 directly into the K3 and with the agc off
set the dBV reading to 0.0 with 50uV.  Next moved the XG1 right to
the end of the last internal coax cable.  -1.7dBV....!

Whilst moving the XG1 I noticed that the reading returned to the set
point 0.0 dBV when I picked it up.

I turned out that placing the XG1 on its rubber feet on a metallic
surface (the case of the linear) resulted in this signal loss.
Holding the XG1 in the air by the cable that connected it to the K3
removed this loss.  I didn't check the effect of placing it on the
wooden desk surface.

When connected to the K3 I simply use a BNC to PL259 adapter and it
sticks out the back self supported.

Just an observation.

Regards,

Mike VP8NO