XG2 - Trim Frequency?

Brian - N5BCN
Hello,

I recently assembled a XG2 signal generator and was wondering if there is a way to trim/adjust the output frequency.  I also have a XG1 and it has a trimmer pot to adjust the signal to a reference, the XG2 has no such adjustment that I can tell.

Thanks!

N5BCN - Brian

Re: XG2 - Trim Frequency?

Don Wilhelm-4
Brian,

There is no provision to trim the crystal frequency on the XG2.  This
signal generator is designed to produce a well controlled output level,
but not a precise frequency reference.  It *is* a frequency stable
signal source, but the exact frequency depends on the particular crystal.
If you want to move the frequency down a little bit, you could add some
small NPO capacitors across the crystal leads.  Experiment to determine
the value needed.  I guess one could install some surface mount trimmer
capacitors on the bottom of the board, although the height of the feet
might have to be increased to allow enough vertical space for the trimmers.