XG2 and XG1 - Different bands

N2TK

I am buying additional HC-49/U fundamental frequency crystals for my XG1 and
XG2 for 160 and 10M.
Two questions - Will I need to add a series cap with the crystals as the XG2
does for 40 and 20M? If so, how do I figure out the value?

Tnx
N2TK, Tony

Re: XG2 and XG1 - Different bands

Don Wilhelm-4
Tony,

Pure supposition on my part, but I can believe the capacitors are
selected to control the level of oscillation amplitude, so if you want
to use other crystals, you may have to experiment with the capacitor
values to retain the 50 uV and 1 uV output levels.
If only the frequency (and not the level) is important to you, the
capacitors may be optional or not critical.