XG3 Field Hard Case

Jim Sheldon
While attending a gun show this morning, I came across a real inexpensive 12" x 9" x 3" hinged, lockable, plastic pistol carrying case with foam inserts.  They were made by Berry's Manufacturing (no part number on the case) and the dealer was selling them for $7.00 apiece so I picked one up with the XG3 in mind.

I made a cutout in the main foam for the XG3 and the piece I cut out was glued back in after cutting it thin enough to just work as padding under the XG3 when placed in the cutout.

There's room enough in the case for the XG3, the programming cable, a coiled up 3' BNC-BNC RF cable and an 18" antenna I made using a crimp on BNC connector, an 18" piece of piano wire which I slipped a piece of the center insulation from RG-58 over to keep it from shorting out.  I also bent the tip into a circle to keep it from being dangerous to eyes etc.

Pix - here   http://members.cox.net/asheldon/XG3case1.jpg  and http://members.cox.net/asheldon/XG3case2.jpg

Just about any hard type clamshell pistol case could be used for this.

This or something similar will be nice to keep the XG3 from getting damaged when not in use.

Jim - W0EB