XG3 KEYING

Mike K4PI
Just got a XG3 and loving it.  Of course I had to try every function out.  Memories work well for beacon CW/RTTY.  Friends 26 miles away copied it S6 on the 0 Dbm level on 6 meters, of course our antennas are good.  A friend several hundred miles away copied me on 40 meters so I am getting hooked on QRPP. Or whatever 1 Milliwatt is.  Only function I cannot get to work is the “Configure PF1 so send Morse” Pg 13 in the supplied manual.  The one online seems to be out of date.  I called Elecraft and left a message but it was probably getting late on Friday afternoon there.  Anyone tried this function?  Just need a way for a key to plug in HI.  Wonder if supplying and unsupplying the antenna at a Morse rate would damage something in the output stage?  Trying to use it for everything except what it was intended for.HI.  73 Mike K4PI

Re: XG3 KEYING

Paul Saffren N6HZ
Hi Mike,

The PF1 command is used to control whether the PF1 (long keypress of BAND+) performs either a frequency sweep or sends the Morse memory.  Using the XG3 Utility, use the Command Tester tab to enter the command PF1,0;      This will select the frequency sweep 1 to operate when the Band+ is given a long keypress.

PF1,1;      This will configure the XG3 to send the contents of the Morse memory, in other words whatever has been programmed into the XG3 using the WM command.

Unfortunately there is no way currently to key the XG3 directly from an external key or keyer.

73,

Paul

Re: XG3 KEYING

David Pratt
In a recent message, Paul Saffren N6HZ <[hidden email]> writes
>Unfortunately there is no way currently to key the XG3 directly from an
>external key or keyer.

"currently", Paul? Does that imply that there could be a means of
externally keying the XG3 in the future?

73 de David G4DMP

--
 | David M Pratt, Kippax, Leeds.   |

Re: XG3 KEYING

Oliver Dröse
Maybe through KY commands from the computer like the K3 and KX3 ... ;-))

73, Olli - DH8BQA