XG3 and KX3 Development

KK7P
Just a note that the XG3 has proven to be extremely handy in DSP code
development for the KX3.  When I was doing initial DSP code work on the
prototype K3, I had to use bulky, cumbersome signal generators and PCs
and other transceivers.

But using only the XG3:

The ability to set known signal levels helped speed the development of
the KX3 S Meter code.

The ability to send a repeating RTTY beacon helped in porting the K3's
FSK (RTTY) decoding algorithms to the KX3.

The ability to beacon CW helped in porting the K3's CW Decode algorithm
to the KX3.

73,

Lyle KK7P

Re: XG3 and KX3 Development

Buddy Brannan
Lyle, you really know how to up the excitement on this thing, don't you? I mean, we're already on the edge of our collective seats waiting for this thing, and we're already drooling like Pavlovian dogs here.
--
Buddy Brannan, KB5ELV - Erie, PA
Phone: (814) 860-3194 or 888-75-BUDDY

On Sep 14, 2011, at 8:15 PM, Lyle Johnson wrote:

> Just a note that the XG3 has proven to be extremely handy in DSP code
> development for the KX3.  When I was doing initial DSP code work on the
> prototype K3, I had to use bulky, cumbersome signal generators and PCs
> and other transceivers.
>
> But using only the XG3:
>
> The ability to set known signal levels helped speed the development of
> the KX3 S Meter code.
>
> The ability to send a repeating RTTY beacon helped in porting the K3's
> FSK (RTTY) decoding algorithms to the KX3.
>
> The ability to beacon CW helped in porting the K3's CW Decode algorithm
> to the KX3.
>
> 73,
>
> Lyle KK7P

Re: XG3 and KX3 Development

KK7P
Hello Buddy!

To help you while away the hours until the KX3 is ready, you might find
the following two links useful.

This one explains the XG3 by the ARRL lab (scheduled for review in the
November 2011 issue, I believe):

< URL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhrW4UkJ2_U >

And this one shows the activation of Little Si using an engineering
prototype KX3!

< URL:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tR5ddaNREGE >

Enjoy!

73,

Lyle KK7P

> Lyle, you really know how to up the excitement on this thing, don't you? I mean, we're already on the edge of our collective seats waiting...

Re: XG3 and KX3 Development

Buddy Brannan
i Lyle,

Thanks for those. That SOTA expedition sounded like lots of fun! Now planning for portable antenna systems. Sorry, throwing wires into trees is right out; my aim is terrible. Looking at this small magnetic loop at http://www.g4tph.com at the moment. Those have interested me for quite a long time, actually. So, I'll wile away the hours on that as well :)

Thanks again for the links.