XV144 LO frequency

Bo, OZ2M
Hi all

During the Christmas holidays I finally decided to assemble my XV144, and
XV432 too. Much to my surprise the XV144 design does not come with an LO
adjustment possibility. This is relevant for me as I do not use it with an
Elecraft or other "display trick" capable radio.

Has anyone already done a XV144 LO real frequency tuning mod?

73
Bo, OZ2M - Looking for DX? Try VUSHF DX-peditions www.rudius.net/dxp

Re: XV144 LO frequency

Don Wilhelm-4
Bo,

You certainly are welcome to try pulling the crystal frequency with a
small parallel or series capacitor, but the stability may suffer - I
have not tried it, this is a theoretical guess.
Remember the crystal in all except the XV50 are overtone crystals - the
XV50 uses a fundamental mode crystal and can be pulled using normal VXO
oscillator techniques.

Bo, OZ2M wrote:

> Hi all
>
> During the Christmas holidays I finally decided to assemble my XV144, and
> XV432 too. Much to my surprise the XV144 design does not come with an LO
> adjustment possibility. This is relevant for me as I do not use it with an
> Elecraft or other "display trick" capable radio.
>
> Has anyone already done a XV144 LO real frequency tuning mod?

Re: XV144 LO frequency

Bo, OZ2M
Hi Don et al.

Yes indeed the stability is the issue. Tweaking the frequency is a piece of
cake.