XV432 Frequency and Power Stability

Stu2-3
Hi All,

I finished assembling a XV432 transverter and seem to have a little
problem with both power and frequency stability. After going through the
alignment steps, the power starts dropping from 20W down to about 10
after sending CW into a dummy load for 20 seconds or so. During this
time, the frequency drifts about 100 Hz. (Enough to detect a pitch
change in another receiver.)

I installed Q1 using the Teflon spacer. I have the crystal oven
installed and the transverter was powered on for about 30 minutes or so
before I aligned it. (JP9 is on 4-5.) The part values appear to be
correct. The problem appears if I use a 5W source or a 1 milliwatt
source. (Changing JP3,4,5,6 accordingly.) My radio is a SDR-5000A.

The power module doesn't get warm.

I do NOT have the extra 5 turn coil and the 10pf capacitor installed on
the power module. (Rev C1 errata.)

Has anybody else had this problem and if so, how did you fix it.

Thanks!

Stu
W7IY

Re: XV432 Frequency and Power Stability

K8MM
I built two XV432'2 in the last week and both of them exhibit the same power drift problem that you mention.
Did anyone ever come up with a solution to the problem?

Ian - K8MM