XV50 going into Overload

n0jrn
Gang:           having some problems with my XV50 going into overload.  I'm
looking for some ideas of how to isolate the problem.

Wondered if anyone else has had a problem and what you did to address it.
Not much about this in the archives.

I have installed the bypass caps per the last builders alert.

That didn't help this issue.   Doesn't matter which mode I'm running.  Still
does it !         I am running vox when in SSB.

Anyway,     just curious if anyone has any pointers.

Thanks and 73:        Jerry            N0JRN

Re: XV50 going into Overload

Don Wilhelm-4
Jerry,

Are you referring to the "Overload Detector" being tripped?
If so, try adding a .01 uF capacitor between the base and emitter of
Front Panel Q7.
It seems some 2N2222s are a bit more sensitive to noise on the overload
detector output line.
I know of at least 2 that were cured with this fix.  Very few
transverters have this problem, but for those that do, it is an easy fix..