XV50 transverter CW use

Leroy
  I just finished a XV50 transverter. Using it with a K2

with the KI02 control.

  It seems to work OK when keyed for SSB. When I use

CW, its relays click and chatter like mad. Do I have

some thing set wrong?

                       Roy AB7CE

Re: XV50 transverter CW use

Don Wilhelm-4
  Roy,

Be certain you have T-R set to HOLD.  See page 89 of the manual.  The
T-R setting determines the delay, and the 8R hold or normal settings
will influence the behavior of the 8R signal (that signal controls the
K2 "keyout" timing.

At what code speeds - yes at slow speeds, the relays will "chatter" no
matter what the settings, but at 20+ wpm, the relays should hold in
between characters.

The K2 uses silent electronic T/R switching, but the XVxxx transverters
use relays for T/R functions.

73,
Don w3FPR