Xyl/KPA500

greenacres113-2

XYL Rose is almost at 100 confirmed towards DXCC.  Probably 130+ wrkd.
The 7 towers in the yard were no problem so the KPA500 isn't a big thing
here.

K9IL & W9DHD

Re: Xyl/KPA500

Doug Person-3
My XYL, N0MLJ and I have an agreement: to buy new stuff I must sell old
stuff.  So a minty ALS-600 and a really nice AL-80A will be going up for
sale shortly.  This should bring the monetary difference down to a few
hundred dollars.

right now the shack table goes (left to right) K1, K2, K3, P3 and soon
KPA500.

The ALS-600 has done a good job and I can't complain.  It has proven how
much difference there is between 100 watts and 500 watts.  It really
makes a difference. I normally run a 160 foot open wire fed doublet.
Works great.  But when there's DX, I switch to the tribander and the amp
and life is good.

73, Doug -- K0DXV

On 4/9/2011 2:00 PM, r miles wrote:

> XYL Rose is almost at 100 confirmed towards DXCC.  Probably 130+ wrkd.
> The 7 towers in the yard were no problem so the KPA500 isn't a big thing
> here.
>
> K9IL&  W9DHD

Re: Xyl/KPA500

k6dgw
Andrea and I have an agreement too, we made it when I retired in 2000.
We call it "The Equal Hobby Allowance Principle."  Her hobby is
needlepoint which, surprisingly, is about as expensive as ham radio.  My
stuff is generally more expensive than hers, but she buys a lot more of
hers than I buy of mine.  I actually may have a little positive balance
left after the KPA500 ... she's over at a needlepoint retreat on the
coast for 4 days at the Sheraton [something].

Can't find a whole lot of GA stations in the GQP :-(

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

On 4/9/2011 4:08 PM, Doug Person wrote:
> My XYL, N0MLJ and I have an agreement: to buy new stuff I must sell old
> stuff.

Re: Xyl/KPA500

george fritkin
Boy we sure have a bunch of wimps here.  Just tell the old lady you are buying some more ham gear!  (Would some one pass me the cheese and an extra blanket for the couch!!)
Love my two K3s
George, W6GF

Andrea and I have an agreement too, we made it when I retired in 2000.
We call it "The Equal Hobby Allowance Principle."  Her hobby is
needlepoint which, surprisingly, is about as expensive as ham radio.  My
stuff is generally more expensive than hers, but she buys a lot more of
hers than I buy of mine.  I actually may have a little positive balance
left after the KPA500 ... she's over at a needlepoint retreat on the
coast for 4 days at the Sheraton [something].

Can't find a whole lot of GA stations in the GQP :-(

73,

Fred K6DGW
- Northern California Contest Club
- CU in the 2011 Cal QSO Party 1-2 Oct 2011
- www.cqp.org

On 4/9/2011 4:08 PM, Doug Person wrote:
> My XYL, N0MLJ and I have an agreement: to buy new stuff I must sell old
> stuff.

Re: Xyl/KPA500

kevinr@coho.net
Actually my wife's estate bought my K3.
    Kevin.  KD5ONS

On Sat, 09 Apr 2011 16:38:27 -0700, george fritkin
<[hidden email]> wrote:

> Boy we sure have a bunch of wimps here.  Just tell the old lady you are
> buying some more ham gear!  (Would some one pass me the cheese and an
> extra blanket for the couch!!)
> Love my two K3s
> George, W6GF

Re: Xyl/KPA500

k6dgw
On 4/9/2011 4:38 PM, george fritkin wrote:
> Just tell the old lady you are buying some more ham gear!  (Would
> some one pass me the cheese and an extra blanket for the couch!!)
> Love my two K3s

Precisely why I aim for win-win solutions on the home front.

Fred K6DGW

Re: Xyl/KPA500

Doug Person-3
Actually, my wife has the (or had - we're both retired) same profession
as I do.  She's pretty freakin' smart (she's a computer engineer).
Keeping the level of respect up has worked well for 20 odd years.  The
Equal Hobby Allowance Principle actually works pretty well considering
her hobby is horses.
73, Doug -- K0DXV

On 4/9/2011 5:38 PM, george fritkin wrote:

> Boy we sure have a bunch of wimps here.  Just tell the old lady you are buying some more ham gear!  (Would some one pass me the cheese and an extra blanket for the couch!!)
> Love my two K3s
> George, W6GF

Re: Xyl/KPA500

Rick Dettinger-3
A wise man builds a comfortable dog house.  With 240 volts available.

73,
Rick Dettinger   K7MW