Yahoo Group versus Mailman

Cookie

I am a member of several Yahoo Groups as well as this one.  I have all the posts forwarded to  my email account as they are posted for all the groups.  It seems to me that the important aspects of reading or deleting all the posts is the same and a function of the email reader.  I use the Yahoo reader which is not too good, but it allows me to store my email on their server which I like, but that is another subject.  I don't really care which service this reflector uses because I can't tell the difference.Willis 'Cookie' Cooke
K5EWJ

Re: Yahoo Group versus Mailman [END of Thread]

Eric Swartz - WA6HHQ
Administrator
Folks - Lets end this thread for now.

We will not be moving the reflector any time soon. To be honest, we have
excellent web based archives available that do as well, or better, than
the Yahoo and other related discussion group services.

To read the Elecraft reflector via the web, you can use the 'Nabble'
Elecraft archive web page. Postings can be viewed by subject line, and
you just click on the ones you want to read. Topic discussions can be
viewed either as threads or listed by date of posting. Its not required
to read the list, but if you are subscribed to the Elecraft list, you
can also reply via Nabble's web page view. (Set your list options on
your Elecraft List preferences page to 'no mail delivery' if you want to
just read it via the web.)

We have a link to Nabble on our web pages email list info page at:
http://www.elecraft.com/elist.html

Mail-Archive.com is another excellent web based Elecraft archive that is
listed in date order by subject line. Just click on the desired subjects
to read. Its also linked to from our page above.

Feel free to email me if you have any further concerns.

73, Eric  WA6HHQ
Elecraft List Moderator
====