elecraft

Peter Sinclair-3
Elecraft K3

I thought this reflector was about Elecraft products not general chat about morse keys or any other subject.My in box gets clogged up with irrelevant messages most of which are deleted.
Peter G3UCA

Re: elecraft

Brian Mury-3
Hi Peter,

> My in box gets clogged up with irrelevant messages most of which are
> deleted.

You can create a new folder in your email software that is separate from
your inbox, and set up a filter to have all messages from the Elecraft
reflector automatically moved into that folder. That way they do not
clog up your inbox.

I see that you are using Outlook Express - here are some instructions on
how to set this up. For the case of the Elecraft list, you will want to
filter on the "To" line instead of the "From" line.

http://email.about.com/od/outlookexpresstips/ss/wt101603.htm

Hope this helps,
Brian

Re: elecraft

ac0h
Yes you can but filtering by the to field just shoves everything on the
list into a new folder which still has to be waded through. Filtering by
subject allows finer control of what goes where *if* everybody sticks to
the same procedure for naming emails in the subject line with the radio
you are talking about, [KX1] for KX1 email, [K3] for K3 email, etc....

This has been sliding as of late.
I have my filters setup this way. This morning my main Elecraft folder,
which contains everything except email with K3, K2, K1 in the subject
line has way more mail in it than the K3, K2, and K1 folders do.

73

--
R. Kevin Stover

ACØH

Re: elecraft

John N1JM
You could stop your email delivery and just go to the Elecraft forum on Nabble and read just what you want. Thats what I do. It's the same as you get in your email.

Peter Sinclair wrote