electronic history a ham's delight, directional's

electronic history a ham's delight, directional's

MC  Carpenter
thanks everyone for the feed back on finding the right radio directional equipment instead of just opting out for something totally modern like a GPS or something.   I know searching and recording or building ancient receivers (or trans-ceivers?) are completely out of time sync, but we are the Ham's of the universe, we all use equipment that could easily be eliminated by newer and more efficient digital equipment but we all hang in there enjoying this unique hobby, it is exciting. Last year I built a one tube battery radio, it got extremely hot, extremely power hungry, it ate the batteries alive. its selectivity was terrible, but just for fun I built it and turned it to a baseball game. And wondered how Dad would have felt listening to the game.